Escape to Chimp Eden

Escape to Chimp Eden
Courtesy Animal Planet/Discovery Comm,

Friday, May 29, 2009

A long, long time ago...

I apologize to any followers of this blog who were reading it to follow my efforts to secure a real piece of fire apparatus for Chimp Eden. After all the letters were sent and the phone calls were made, all without a single response, I concluded that my effort was a failure.

Thanks to a twist of fate, I may actually have another opportunity to approach one of the major manufacturers this coming fall (in the US). Several years ago, I was retained by a synagogue in Appleton, WI to lead their High Holiday services. I did so for four consecutive years. Located in Appleton, is Pierce Manufacturing, a division of Oshkosh.

There is a ten-day period between the first High Holiday and the second. Usually, I would fly home in-between those days, this not having enough time to make a trip to the factory. However this year, I have decided to stay in the area for the ten days. Additionally, the person who called me for this ear, has a very good friend who, I believe is in management at the facility and who has volunteered to give me a complete tour when I am up there. This will provide me with an opportunity to approach them in person and explain the need.

I have just sent an email to Sue Slotar at the Jane Goodall Preserve where Chimp Eden is located to determine if they have upgraded the fire apparatus since last summer. This way, I can be honest and truthful regarding the need for a new truck.

Again, my sincere apologies for having allowed the blog to languish so long. I will update is between now and then, as necessary.

PLEASE....if you do read the blog, please leave a comment. One of the best tools for me to use in my presentation is support from other viewers, as well.

Till next time...
SteveG

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Great news, Steve! I hope the visit will spark interest and Pierce will be willing to help. I was disappointed too that no response came from the previous try but maybe it will different this time. Good Luck!
Theresa

Steve said...

Theresa,
Thanks for the note. I hope that if they can put the idea to a real face, it may help generate some interest.
Best regards,
Steve

Pierce Brush Truck

Pierce Brush Truck
Pierce Brush Truck