Escape to Chimp Eden

Escape to Chimp Eden
Courtesy Animal Planet/Discovery Comm,

Monday, September 21, 2009

The First Step....

It's about 11:00 CDT here in Appleton, WI. I have enjoyed a very pleasant weekend with my hosts here for the Jewish High Holidays. But I just got off the phone with my contact at the fire apparatus manufacturer and we have confirmed a meeting time this afternoon at 2:30 PM.

To be honest, I was not expecting to head over there this afternoon, my first free day here since I arrived last Thursday evening. Today was supposed to be my "R&R" (relax and recuperate) day after leading services since Friday night. However, with my contact saying to me, "Well I should be open at 2:30 this afternoon. How does that sound?" I had little choice, but to accept his invitation and time.

With that in mind, I am not sure whether this afternoon will be the right time to make my pitch. I/we might be better off if I use this afternoon to feel out my contact about our concept and then make a formal presentation on my second tour day. The last thing I wish to do is alienate the company from the get-go and guaranty that our pitch will fail.

So keep your eyes sharp for another update to this blog later this afternoon or evening, if you're on the East Coast if the U.S. If you're in another country, stay tuned to Facebook and you will see any new and important information there.

Remember, don't stop! Keep recruiting! Every member helps!

'Til next time...

Pierce Brush Truck

Pierce Brush Truck
Pierce Brush Truck